Friday 20 September 2019

Incredible instructions

We have been learning how to do instructional writing which is basically showing people how to do                         things step by step.

We had to do instructional writing about how to make a sandwich and on Friday our teacher would      make it and do exactly what it said.

           Mine did not go very well because she didn't use the sharp end to spread the Marmite because I didn't say to use it. 

                                                              Here is my writing:


Marmite sandwich
You will need: 
Bread 
Butter
A  knife 
Marmite
Yourself

  1. Get the packet of bread and take out two pieces of bread.
  2. Open the lid of the butter.
  3. Grab the knife and using the sharper end take/scoop a bit of butter and spread it on one face of the bread. Make sure it is even.
  4.  open the lid of the marmite
  5. Get the knife and scoop a bit of marmite up with the sharper end and put it on top of the other piece of bread’s face.
  6.  Put the two faces of bread together.

2 comments:

  1. Hello it's Meg and Eartha from Rawhiti School. we liked the way you spreed out the steps out with the numbers. Did you think about doing a step 7 on the end saying enjoy? maybe next time you cloud try highlighting the writing and pressing control t so that your writing doesn't come off the page. Do you like eating marmite sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I will definitely do what you said because the words on the end are hard to read.
    Marmite sandwiches are good but I wouldn't eat them every day.
    What sandwiches do you like to eat?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post