Monday 3 August 2020

Not ALL children should have pets

WALT: write a persuasive text
Not all children should have PTS


Now, I don’t know WHY people would think that all children should have pets.
Pets are fantastic and all but pets can change peoples lives! Children could have 
allergies, pets can be dangerous and they can cost a lot.


First of all, kids can have very bad allergies.
Usually it is cats but it could be any animal really.
If every kid had a pet then a few kids would have to visit the hospital because of their allergies.
Some kids can be so allergic to animals that they can't even be in the same room as the animal
that they are allergic to. An example of allergies is that my step dad can get a fever if he
doesn’t wash his hands after petting our cat.


Secondly, pets can be dangerous.
If pets aren’t trained they can bite you, especially young children.
I’ve heard of people who have died because of some vicious animals.
Of course it’s not every day that you get attacked by your pet but it has happened to some people.


Finally, pets can cost A LOT of money!
You might be thinking, “oh… it's only a bit to buy a pet…” But their food and beds
and toys can be very expensive, especially their food.
Some people have put their pet on the street because they are not doing well with their money for the pet,
which is not a good thing to do.
If you’re struggling then you should take your pet to an animal shelter. My mum doesn’t want a dog for
the money and a few other things but mostly the money. That’s why we have a cat because they are
less work
and money.


So, basically what I'm saying is that if all children had pets then lots of families would be
struggling
.I Got a Kitten...Now What? - Lomsnes Veterinary HospitalDog pregnancy | Vet tips for caring for your pregnant dogFish bowl BIG SIZE" perfect to kill your fish : shittyaquariums

2 comments:

  1. What an eye catching and gripping piece of persuasive writing Lily. You have made some really strong points to back up your argument. I am very impressed with this piece of writing. Miss Pownall.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post